Maylands Spray Tanning and Makeup
Weddings, balls, parties, spring racing and festivals – the list of events coming up goes on and on.
To help you get your skin in optimal condition prior to having a spray tan, I have compiled this little fact sheet so you can get the most out of your tan 🙂
Before the tan
– Shave or wax the day before your tan. Waxing after your tan will remove the product and make your tan appear patchy
– Day of your tan exfoliate with exfoliating gloves
– Shower before your tan to remove any moisturiser, deodorant or perfume and don’t apply any of these after you have showered. The alcohol in these products reacts with the tan and can change its colour
– Wear loose baggy clothing to your appointment
After the tan
– You can wash off the tan after 2 hours however if you do just rinse with water. The tan is still developing and using body wash or soap can interact with the tan
– Avoid the gym or excessive exercise on the day of your tan
– Shower and moisturise as normal the following day. Keeping your skin moisturised will help the tan last longer
– Try and avoid body washes with sulphate in them. Aka sodium laurel sulphate
– Avoid soaking your skin in a bath, spa or pool as this will shorten the life of the tan
– Avoid using body oils as they can dissolve the tan
People vary on how long before an event they like to have their spray tan. Personally I recommend having it two days before your event especially if you are having the tan for your wedding.
I hope these tips help you get the most out of your spray tan! I have a number of different colours to suit a wide range of skin tones and am currently trialling a new brand so hopefully soon I will have even more choices to offer! Don’t forget to book in with me soon as I am starting to book up!